Burlingame Personal Injury Attorney
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Paula Canny have proven themselves as tireless advocates for injured clients. With years of trial experience, firm founder Paula Canny and her associates are aggressive advocates in the courtroom—while remaining compassionate to the concerns of their clients.
It is important to take certain steps to protect your rights—even before calling our office. To help our attorneys create a solid strategy for your case, take the following steps as soon as possible after your injury:
- Write down the details – Record the events leading up to the injury and gather the contact information for the parties involved, including police officers and insurance company representatives
- Do not make any admission of guilt – The insurance company and its representatives will use any statement that indicates remorse or responsibility as proof that their client is not liable
- Seek medical attention – See a doctor as soon as possible to treat all repercussions of your injuries and follow the recommended treatments
- Protect evidence – Proof of an injury—such as pictures of damaged property, the clothes you wore, and the accident scene—needs to be preserved
How our personal injury lawyers in Burlingame can help you
To collect compensation, California law requires victims to prove that the carelessness or negligence of another person caused their injury. To prove negligence, a Burlingame personal injury lawyer must establish that the following is true:
- The person who caused the injuries—the defendant—had a duty to be careful and take precautions to avoid injuring the plaintiff
- The defendant failed to uphold that duty
- This failure caused the injury
- The plaintiff suffered damages
The Law Offices of Paula Canny seeks damages for clients, even when they are partially responsible for their injuries. We also go after all the parties involved in causing an injury to make sure our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
Discuss your injury in Burlingame
Time is of the essence after an accident. Effective counsel, obtained quickly, can make a significant difference in how a case proceeds. We provide candid, compassionate, and knowledgeable legal counsel to help you through the ordeal of a personal injury. Contact a personal injury attorney in Burlingame at the Law Offices of Paula Canny to discuss how we can help you.