Help for your Criminal Defense and Personal Injury Lawsuits in San Mateo
Before pursuing a lawsuit or a case in court, the Law Offices of Paula Canny need to collect certain documents and information. We want to understand the situation our clients face, and that often requires clear details and facts. We encourage clients to bring certain documents with them when discussing a criminal defense or injury lawsuit.
When meeting with a lawyer to discuss a criminal defense case, bring the following:
- Anything showing charges against you and the next court date
- Bail papers
- Paperwork left by the police after a property search
- A copy of the police report
If you believe other documents are important, bring them with you for the lawyer to review. This gives our criminal defense lawyers the opportunity to prepare the strongest case possible.
When clients meet with the Law Offices of Paula Canny to discuss an injury lawsuit in San Mateo, we encourage them to bring the following:
- Copies of police or accident reports
- Hospital, doctor, and therapy records
- Bills from medical providers
- Details of insurance coverage
- Doctor reports on prognosis and diagnosis
- Reports on anticipated future medical costs
- Details on work missed due to injury
- Ways the injury has affected your life
- Copies of correspondence with insurance companies
- Copies of claims filed with insurance or employer
Criminal law in San Mateo
Drunk driving law in California is very complex. The lawyers at the Law Offices of Paula Canny have extensive experience addressing the needs of our clients and limiting the repercussions of a DUI charge. Some of the penalties under DUI law include:
Under drunk driving laws, DUI defendants also face the possibility of attendance at driving class and insurance surcharge requirements.
Personal injury law in San Mateo
Personal injury law allows victims to collect damages for the injuries and losses they suffer. Some of the compensation injury victims can collect from negligent parties includes:
The Law Offices of Paula Canny is familiar with handling personal injury cases and helping clients get the compensation they deserve.
Contact our attorneys to discuss a criminal defense or injury lawsuit in San Mateo
Principal Paula Canny has spent years developing a firm of attorneys devoted to helping clients fight criminal charges while helping other clients get the compensation they deserve for their injuries. We are available to discuss your case and provide you with the help you need—regardless of your situation. Contact us online to discuss your criminal defense or injury lawsuit in San Mateo.