Aggressive Burlingame Attorneys Comprise Prestigious Criminal Defense Firm
Effective counsel helps good people through difficult times
The Law Offices of Paula Canny represents people from all walks of life in all the county courts of California. By achieving positive results for clients in numerous high-profile cases, our founder Paula Canny has earned a national reputation for skill and tenacity in the pursuit of justice. She is frequently in demand as a legal commentator for local and national media. Paula has assembled a qualified and dedicated legal team, known for being:
- Aggressive — Our criminal defense team is offensive minded; we attack every element of the prosecution’s case.
- Effective — We take a holistic approach to defending our clients, exploring numerous paths to a fair resolution.
- Helpful — Criminal charges are distressing. As your legal team, we offer emotional support throughout your legal proceedings.
Our firm assists individuals accused of all manner of illegal conduct, including:
- DUI — We handle cases ranging from routine, first-time offenses to DUI accidents involving serious bodily injury and death.
- Violent crimes — Our firm has experience with cases ranging from misdemeanor assaults to capital murder. Paula is a staunch opponent of the death penalty.
- Drug crimes — Paula is active in the San Mateo county drug court and has worked for years to raise awareness that the social problem of drug abuse is wrongly characterized as a criminal law problem.
- Domestic violence — We work effectively to clear our clients of domestic violence charges or qualify them for diversion programs that avoid jail time and restore them to their families.
- Juvenile crime — We help mitigate consequences for youthful offenders by directing them toward rehabilitative opportunities,
Burlingame criminal defense law firm protecting your rights
After establishing herself as a leading criminal defense attorney, Paula Canny set out to build a law firm based on her principles of aggressive and effective defense representation.
Robert Canny joined the San Mateo criminal defense law firm in 2007, and focuses his practice in the areas of criminal defense and civil litigation. Robert brings a wealth and breadth of life experience not often found in those newly admitted to the practice of law.
Justin Goodwin joined the law office of Paula Canny as a law clerk in 2006, after his first year of law school. Since that time, Justin has assisted at the criminal defense law firm in San Mateo in an array of criminal law and civil litigation matters. Now a licensed California attorney, he represents clients in criminal and civil matters in all California state courts.
Contact an aggressive and effective criminal defense law firm in Burlingame, CA
The Law Offices of Paula Canny provides effective legal representation in San Mateo County and throughout California. Our team is dedicated to protecting your rights. To schedule a consultation, contact us online or call 650.652.7862 today.